Increase your Chances
When you decide to sell your home you want to get the best possible price. To reach that end, it is important to make sure it’s appealing to potential buyers.
Following are some hints to help increase the price you will get:
- repaint walls in high visibility room such as kitchen, living areas and baths
- choosing a neutral colour helps the buyer imagine their belongings in the house
- repair or replace loose or old hardware on cabinets
- replace worn countertops in the kitchen with new, neutral coloured ones
- replace broken, dirty or old blinds and curtains
- all appliances should be clean and in working order
- if you have wood floors and they need it, refinish them
- get the carpets professionally cleaned or consider replacing them with a neutral colour
- replace worn or outdated linoleum
- make sure all light bulbs are bright and in working order.
- fix leaks in ceilings and walls
- put magazines in decorative baskets and get rid of those you don’t need
- keep bills and personal papers organized and out of sight
- clean ceramic tiles and re-grout if that’s necessary
- reduce the number of personal items and clutter in each room to make it easier for prospective buyers to look at the home and make it appear cleaner and bigger
- keep kids toys organized in one area
- clean closets and put things in storage containers stacked neatly
- clean and organize the basement, attic and any storage spaces
- clean all light fixtures and ceiling fans.
I haven’t heard of a seller who puts their home on the market and doesn’t want to get the highest price possible. These are some things you can do to help yourself and make your property more attractive to prospective real estate buyers whether you are in Comox, Cumberland, Victoria or Winnipeg.
Now that they are done, you’re ready to have the house shown and to have me assist in negotiating an offer on your property!
These tips should help attract and retain potential purchasers. A bright, clean home will indicate you maintain and care about your largest investment!